Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sixth Day

It was a very cold day today. It was sunny, but the wind was extremely cold. That goodness I had my jacket!!!

Class started today and my teacher is the cutest thing in the whole entire world. She is a small Italian lady who has the cutest glasses. Class was amazing. Italian is so fun. She spoke completely in Italian, which was awesome. I can tell that I am going to learn a lot. It is shocking how similar it is to French. It actually seems a bit easier than French.

After met with Emanuele. We walked around the city. At first we wanted to go see the Manet exhibit, but we decided not to go. We were walking by Piazza Venezia and we saw Sarit, Amy and some other girls were walking around so we decided to go with them. We ended up at a church. I am not sure of the name of it, but it was beautiful inside. It is really amazing that Rome has so many wonderful churches that are painted with gold and have frescoes everywhere.

After we left the church, Emanuele and I went home on the bus. It was fun. I really like taking buses. You can go anywhere in this city! I love it!

Emanuele is a very nice guy. My roommates and all of my friends say that he likes me, but really. I don’t think so. I kind of don’t want him to like me. If he liked me, I think it would get too weird. It is better to keep things simple. He is very nice and always looks out for my friends and me. After we got back to my apartment we were talking about random things. The subject of stereotypes came up and he asked me what are some Italian stereotypes and I asked him about American stereotypes. He said that according to the stereotype, Americans are loud, fat, and stupid. I told him that the stereotype of Italians is that they are crazier than other Europeans, men are supposed to be hot, and they do not like to work because they go on strike every 5 minutes. After that he asked me what I thought of Italians now after being here for a couple days. I told him that they do not know how to form lines because when you go into a bar a store people never get in an orderly line where it is obvious which person came before other. He laughed. Also I told him that people are every aggressive here, more so than in Oxnard. I think it might be because this is a big city and you have to be a bit more aggressive. I told him that crossing the street was a bit scary at first, but not anymore. I told him the I am not used to crossing the street anytime because in the States you can get a ticket if you when when you are not supposed to. He could not believe this. “What?! That is crazy!” he said. He was in complete shock. He was in even more shock when I told him that the ticket could be $70. Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home